EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElHttpsClient timeout handling

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/09/2015 02:28:19
by Triboulin Didier (Standard support level)

It is "Windows Mobile" 6.5.3, so it's far from "Windows Phone". ^^
Posted: 04/09/2015 06:20:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

We've managed to reproduce the problem and improve our code to eliminate it. The improvement will be included into the next SecureBlackbox build.
Posted: 04/09/2015 07:00:48
by Triboulin Didier (Standard support level)

OK. Thank you very much, it's nice to have such quick answer. Do you have an approximate date of the release of this patch?

Note that we have operations of "Certificate Signing Request (CSR) - Client and Server sides" based on TLS1.2 and the latest known CipherSuites. And it is for these reasons that the license initially chosen was too limited.
Posted: 04/09/2015 07:04:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Triboulin Didier wrote:
OK. Thank you very much, it's nice to have such quick answer. Do you have an approximate date of the release of this patch?

The build is expected on Saturday.

Triboulin Didier wrote:
Note that we have operations of "Certificate Signing Request (CSR) - Client and Server sides" based on TLS1.2 and the latest known CipherSuites. And it is for these reasons that the license initially chosen was too limited.

If I remember right our communication was stopped in the middle - I asked you to link the license ticket to your account so that I could locate your license and determine the cheapest possible way to upgrade your license. The communication took place in HelpDesk and it makes sense to continue there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/29/2015 04:45:06
by Walter Schrabmair (Priority Standard support level)

I have a request to a server which takes more time than usual.
How can I set the timeout time until the connection timeout exception is raised? DO I think correctly, when I set the timeout time longer then the server can do the task and send the reply?
Thanks
Walter
Posted: 06/29/2015 04:49:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SocketTimeout property should do the job. Set it to 180000 (3 minutes), for example, to avoid the timeout. Note that the servers usually have their own timeouts, so if your ASP.NET or PHP web page performs some lengthy operation, the server can abort it before the operation is completed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/29/2015 04:50:09
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Walter Schrabmair wrote:
I have a request to a server which takes more time than usual.
How can I set the timeout time until the connection timeout exception is raised? DO I think correctly, when I set the timeout time longer then the server can do the task and send the reply?
Thanks
Walter

You can change TElHTTPSClient.SocketTimeout property. Its default value is 60000 - 60 seconds.

DO I think correctly, when I set the timeout time longer then the server can do the task and send the reply?

Yes.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 4689 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!