EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Sign an already signed document

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 06/18/2012 13:30:32
by Roger Kiihl (Basic support level)

Hi, I've been facing a situation about signing a document which already has signed nodes. Take a look at this XML sample:

First, I take the unsigned XML and sign the "node1" node content (node1 as URINode, NodeA as parameter to Signer's Save method). The signature goes fine and the document is correctly signed and saved to the disk. Let's name it "midFile.XML".

Second, I load the previous signed document "midFile.XML" and try to sign the "nodeA" content, which already contains a "signature" node. No error is produced, but the signature process seems to ignore the "node1" signature node.

I explain: even modifying the "node1" signature node content of "midFile.XML", the signature done at the second pass remais de same.

Does SBB ignore "signature" nodes of a content that it's trying to sign?
Posted: 06/18/2012 18:02:31
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Did you use an enveloped signature transform?
In your case you don't need to use it, as a signature is not placed under the referenced element.

The enveloped signature transform has two modes:
1. It ignores all signatures in the processed nodes (by default)
2. It skip only a current signature element (by standard)
To switch between those modes use TElXMLEnvelopedSignatureTransform.GetDefaultStrictMode/SetDefaultStrictMode static/class methods or GetStrictMode/SetStrictMode methods for the transform instance.
Posted: 06/19/2012 08:03:26

Thx for replying.

Of which version are those methods? Just checked and didn't found the class method, neither de instance method.

Also, How can I check what version I have?
Posted: 06/19/2012 08:21:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

You didn't specify what edition of SecureBlackbox you are using. As you don't have a license ticket assigned, I assume that you downloaded the evaluation version recently, which means that you probably have SecureBlackbox 9.1.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/19/2012 08:45:46

I have de VCL edition and, unfortunatelly, not access to any information about ticket or what version my company has bought (few years ago, for sure).

But yes, I downloaded the evaluation version and the methods are there, but ARE NOT in my version. I guess then those methods were included in some version above the one I have.

After modifying the default value that Dmytro said, worked the way I want it to work.

Is there any way to get that result WITHOUT those methods?
Posted: 06/19/2012 08:57:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Nope, sorry. Also see continuation in HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Topic viewed 868 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!