EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sftp - access violation

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 06/14/2012 03:10:56
by lorife  (Basic support level)

Hi,

I've been connecting to sftp during last 2 weeks for testing purpose. It worked great but since internet switched to ipv6 i'm getting access violation.

Only things I do is setting:

1) address
2) username
3) password
4) ElSimpleSFTPClient1.Open;

Is it a bug? Can you reproduce it?
Posted: 06/14/2012 03:17:51
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please clarify what version of SBB do you use and post a sample that we can execute to reproduce the problem.
Posted: 06/14/2012 03:24:39
by lorife  (Basic support level)

Vsevolod Ievgiienko wrote:
Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please clarify what version of SBB do you use and post a sample that we can execute to reproduce the problem.

Hi,

Actually I had installed it long ago and it's version 9.1.210 (i see now there's a newer version).
There's really not much to write. Only things I wrote in the code are the one posted:

- Drop ElSimpleSFTPClient
- address
- username
- password
- ElSimpleSFTPClient1.Open;
- Event ElSimpleSFTPClient1KeyValidate contains just "Validate := True"

That's the project, nothing more.

Thanks!
Posted: 06/14/2012 03:33:17
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Try to upgrade to the latest 9.1.215 build and check if problem still exists. I was not able to reproduce it.
Posted: 06/14/2012 03:52:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I don't think there were substantial changes between builds 210 and 215 that could affect behavior. To reproduce the problem we need more details from you:

1) Edition (I assume VCL, but anyway) of SecureBlackbox
2) Call stack captured when exception happens
3) detailed description of the configuration -- is IPv6 the only configured interface or IPv4 is also available, whether the host is addressed using domain name or IP address, whether UseIPv6 property is set to true etc.
4) check whether the problem happens with SimpleSFTPDemo project

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 655 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!