EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

VB6 module

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 12/19/2006 10:55:37
by Gary Loftus (Basic support level)

I am trying to create a COM+ app to automatically connect and upload a file using SFTP. The samples included are great but all use components on forms. Do you have any example code which uses a module instead?

Posted: 12/19/2006 11:17:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There's no simple code for VB6 unfortunately , but there's a sample for VBScript which you can use.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:27:45

Thanks for the fast reply.

I saw the VBS and initially wanted to go down that route till I saw the code about CScript. I am unsure how to use this. Can I call the VBS via ASP?
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:59:40

If you are going to run the sample, then you can do this from command prompt. In general, sample code is used for reading, not for running. I.e. you need to see how the object is created and used in code-only environment. This is what the VBS sample shows (besides it's function to be a VBScript sample).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/19/2006 12:17:50

I understand.

I suppose I should have been a bit more clear. Can I use this as an example to create a vbs that I can call from an asp page or is the vbs supposed to work from something like CScript or a command prompt line?
Posted: 12/19/2006 12:26:42

I am sorry for being not clear.

This particular script was created for use with CSCript engine. We didn't test it with ASP.NET.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/18/2008 10:21:23
by Enrique Longoria (Basic support level)

I think I'm looking for the same that Gary,
I'm trying to use SFTP from an ASP (Not ASP.NET just ASP)
I use the VBS example (SFTPClient.vbs) as a starting point, beacuase in it's readme file it says "With some changes you can use this script or it's parts in ASP."
I have try with no success to use the component on my ASP page
I get an error at the upload method
Sub Upload (FileName, RemoteFileName)
Do While true
----->ERROR--->>InBuf = outFile.Read(processed, 4096)
Read = UBound(InBuf) - LBound(InBuf) + 1
If read = 0 Then
Exit do
End If
Call Client.Write(fileHandle, processed, 0, InBuf)
processed = processed + read
Posted: 12/18/2008 10:51:43

Please dont cross-post your questions to the forum and helpdesk. Answered elsewhere.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Topic viewed 2802 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!