EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Downloading with auto incrementor

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 06/13/2012 12:44:35
by Tim Molloy (Standard support level)

Our current FTP process spins up a file and executes Windows ftp.exe passing the file as a parameter. I want to use SBB to complete the download.

Currently the contents of the file are for example:

open remoteURL
userName
passWord
ascii
cd 'downloadSourceDirectory'
GET fileNamePrefix(+0) localDownloadDirectoryAndFileName
bye

The italicized items are parameterized varibles. My concern is the bolded portion which appears to be an auto-incrementor of sorts.

How can I accomplish this using SecureBlackBox?

Thanks very much!
Posted: 06/13/2012 13:12:31

After a bit more research, I believe i can rephrase my question above.

The (+0) above is a GDG data set indicator specifying the current version of the file.

Is there support for GDG data sets in SecureBlackBox?

http://www.mainframegurukul.com/srcsinc/drona/programming/languages/jcl/jcl.chapter9.html
Posted: 06/13/2012 13:57:25
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As you create the filename which SecureBlackbox needs to transfer, you can construct it in any way you like. SecureBlackbox knows nothing about commands of ftp.exe application in Windows (and note that those commands are NOT FTP protocol commands). Also we don't know what GDG is and how to make use of it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/13/2012 15:59:54

Can you please look into this. This is a technology used in enterprise-wide solutions.

I have included a link to the description of GDG and what it is used for.
Posted: 06/14/2012 01:18:06
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry but there's nothing to look at on our side. SecureBlackbox is a library which does what you tell it to do, and it's you who specifies names of the files to download. It's not SecureBlackbox' job. We have higher-level BizCrypto product (components for integration with business servers) and there such things are appropriate, but SecureBlackbox should be free from such specific stuff.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 617 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!