EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Problem connecting with SFTP

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 01/26/2007 09:33:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please check that old (V4) DLLs are not incorrectly referenced for some reason. We suggest you to perform the following steps:
a) uninstall all installed versions of SecureBlackbox,
b) perform a search for *BBox*.dll on entire hard drive and remove all the found entries,
c) install SBB5 again.

Please use EncryptionAlgorithms property along with SSH_EA_3DES and SSH_EA_DES constants to enable/disable DES and 3DES ciphers.
Posted: 01/26/2007 09:54:00
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

john williams wrote:
and now it no longer works on my machine! It now takes over 40 seconds to paint the form, then when I enter the loggon and password gives the message "TCP connection opened" and then just hangs, like it was exhibiting on the other machines.

This looks like a trial limitations are in effect. However, I've re-checked your key and it has no limitations. I've also run the sample with your key without problem (connected to our office server).

Please review your code and ensure that the real key is used and the correct version 5 DLLs are loaded.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/26/2007 12:07:43
by john williams (Standard support level)

Hi, I have re-registered the dll's (it appears that it won't work if PKIBBox.dll is not registered even though that is not used by the project.)
It now works again on my machine but it is still failing on the other machine (with all 4 dll's registered, BaseBox, SFTPBBoxCli, SSHBBoxCli, PKIBBox)
But its now the weekend - so bye for now... John
Posted: 01/26/2007 12:24:52
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

PKIBBox.dll is used internally by SSHBBoxCli.dll, so you have to register it too.
Posted: 01/26/2007 12:27:03

BTW you need to register the DLLs in the same order as specified in documentation, I.e. base, pki, ssh, sftp.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/29/2007 08:12:17
by john williams (Standard support level)

It appears that it is the sequence of registering the DLLs that is giving the failure, so Thank you for your help.

But can I suggest you update your documentation to emphasis this point... also the documentation on deployment suggests...

(quote) SFTPBBoxCli.dll requires SSHBBoxCli.dll and BaseBBox.dll. PKIBBox.dll is required only when X.509 certificate support in SSH Key management is used.

.. but as you stated PKI is used internally by SSH so is ALWAYS required.

Thanks again,
John
Posted: 01/29/2007 08:18:23

Thank you for pointing at this. Will be updated now.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 16437 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!