EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

"Lock Document After Signing" shown signaturetype = 2?

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 06/06/2012 06:52:37
by Draycir Thailand (Standard support level)

How can i differentiate the pdf that is signed with "Lock Document After Signing" option from the pdf that is certified.
previously i use SignatureType field of the SBPDF.TElPDFSignature object. when that value equal 2 i assume it is certified. when it's 0 then i assume it is signed.
is that not the correct way?
Posted: 06/06/2012 07:24:29
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

The "lock document after signing" feature is not opposite to the concept of document certification.

There are two types of PDF signatures: 1) generic document signature, 2) certification signature. Some details about the differences between them are available here. As you can see, you can lock the document when creating signatures of any of these types.

To distinguish signature from certification, please check the signature's SignatureType property. It will be set to SBPDF.Unit.stMDP (2) for certification signatures or to SBPDF.Unit.stDocument (1) for generic signatures.

To detect whether a document is locked, please check the AllowedChanges property of a TElPDFSignature object. It should be set to 0 for the locked documents.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1115 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!