EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamps with PKCS1

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/17/2006 14:14:35
by Sebastian Jaeschke (Priority Standard support level)

I will take a look into the RC of SBB 5 and surely buy it later, but atm it is good to control the comunication between application and card OS. And, no, they even don't provide CSP's (at least afaik). To be honest - they provide as less as possible - there are much costs to run a trustcenter according our laws and they want to sell there own applications ;) I was happy to get at least some card OS informations to achieve what I did, because they all have some differences to DIN V 66291-1 - ask yourself why ;)

But have found a new question, that has to do more with the PDF syntax than with the things above:

When I choose to write a visible signature, I can use autotext or specific values for this pdf object. What is about multibyte chars? Like äöü? Atm I get e.g. ä instead of ä. (hope this board is using none ascii...)
Any idea how I can change this behaviour? I wrote an UTF8ToAnsi function to e.g. take the name (with mulitbytes) from the card certificate to write the name as the PDF document Author - this works fine - it shows suchs chars correct.

Many thanks in advance!
Sebastian
Posted: 12/17/2006 14:23:38

And still, I don't understand what the difference between PKCS#1 and PKCS#7 is in your case. Is it only the number of changes to make to the source code?

You mean the changes I did to your code? Or to my code?

Best Regards,
Sebastian
Posted: 12/18/2006 02:23:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sebastian wrote:
You mean the changes I did to your code? Or to my code?

You asked about using PKCS#1 instead of using PKCS#7. So what is the specific reason for not using PKCS#7?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/18/2006 02:30:28

Sebastian wrote:
When I choose to write a visible signature, I can use autotext or specific values for this pdf object. What is about multibyte chars? Like äöü? Atm I get e.g. ä instead of ä. (hope this board is using none ascii...)
Any idea how I can change this behaviour? I wrote an UTF8ToAnsi function to e.g. take the name (with mulitbytes) from the card certificate to write the name as the PDF document Author - this works fine - it shows suchs chars correct.

There are certain problems with charsets in PDF. Support for them has been added to SecureBlackbox 5.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/18/2006 04:56:43

You asked about using PKCS#1 instead of using PKCS#7. So what is the specific reason for not using PKCS#7?

Ahh - understood. I was just beginning to think about timestamping the signature. And before this point I just had support for PKCS#1 implemented. So, I don't prefer PKCS#1, it just seemed to be easier when I started this project here.

There are certain problems with charsets in PDF. Support for them has been added to SecureBlackbox 5.

Sounds good. So I will take a look into SBB5. I got a newsletter about upgrading. And I bought SecureBlackbox Professional on the Jan 7, 2006. So I'm the lucky winner of a free upgrade? ;)

Best Regards,
Sebastian
Posted: 12/18/2006 05:38:37

Answered in HelpDesk.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 12/30/2006 04:53:52

Ok then, I finally did my changes into SBB5 and everything seems to work fine. Except the charset problems I had in version 4.x

I tracked it down to SBPDF.pas where in PreCalculateSignatures the SignerInfo is formatted to fit into the widget, e.g:

FormattedSignerInfo := FormattedSignerInfo + ConvertTextToPDFString(Token, UseAnsiEncoding) + 'Tj'#13#10;

I tried to use several other functions like Utf8ToAnsi etc. to change the appearance, but the 'ä' is never shown correct. So, is it possible at all to show a non-ascii character within such widget? (Have absolute no knowledge about the PDF graphic operators format).

Any help is welcome!

Sebastian

Update:
Also tried things like octal representation, e.g '\344' as described in the PDF Reference which I downloaded today, but it is completely ignored in this signature widget.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8561 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!