EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Access violation in TElSSHLocalPortForwarding.Close

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 12/13/2006 03:13:46
by Vadim Vinokur (Standard support level)

I'm evaluating SecureBlackbox for Delphi 4-7 - Version 5.0.102. I found weird behavior of TElSSHLocalPortForwarding component. If instance of component was created with NIL owner, later at closing of SSH session it result with EAccessViolation error. Assign Owner property of the instance and problem is gone.

There is one note. If you create instance, open SSH connection, use tunnel (let's say connect to database through this tunnel and immediately disconnect), then close SSH connection everything looks ok. The error happens when you create instance with Owner=NIL, open SSH connection, use multiple threads to connect and read tables from database through this tunnel and try to close SSH connection.
Posted: 12/13/2006 05:19:00
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to specify how *exactly* do you (a) create SSH components, (b) close SSH connection? We tried to reproduce the problem following the steps you described, but did not encounter an AV exception.
Posted: 12/15/2006 11:09:41
by Vadim Vinokur (Standard support level)

Please disregard my previous message. After subsequent research i'm found that problem seems not in the Owner property but somewhere deeper. I have filled the Helpdesk request with Ticket # 11097. You and Eugene honestly answered on that ticket.

Topic viewed 2503 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!