EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XML and Delphi - RegisterDOMVendor

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/03/2012 10:01:05
by Leonardo Herrera (Standard support level)

I'm using XML Data bindings in several parts of my application. Since I'm also using the Eldos components for XML signing, I wonder: is it possible to register the Eldos XML parser as a DOM Vendor so I can use it instead of a different implementation? (using RegisterDOMVendor)

Is the XML parser compatible with the XML interfaces used in Delphi? According to the documentation(*), it needs to support the IDOMImplementation interface.

*: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/en/Xml.Xmldom.RegisterDOMVendor
Posted: 05/03/2012 10:05:37
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, but our XML parser can't be registered this way. If you need this feature please add it to our wish-list: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 05/03/2012 17:23:21

Okay, I have added it to the wishlist.

I've seen that most of the methods used by the XML core library are pretty compatible with the standard definitions. Hope this is not a big change. Of course I'm willing to help because I want to avoid all the redundant nonsense (moving XML bytes back and forth) that I'm currently doing!
Posted: 05/03/2012 23:14:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Our parser / writer implements XML DOM standard, so no wonder that it has the same methods. However, it would be very tricky and error-prone to move from classes to interfaces in XML methods and properties.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/04/2012 09:43:27

I'd assume that one can create a derived class that supports the interface. I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thank you for opening this in the wishlist!
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 670 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!