EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XML and Delphi - RegisterDOMVendor

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 05/03/2012 10:01:05
by Leonardo Herrera (Standard support level)

Hello,

I'm using XML Data bindings in several parts of my application. Since I'm also using the Eldos components for XML signing, I wonder: is it possible to register the Eldos XML parser as a DOM Vendor so I can use it instead of a different implementation? (using RegisterDOMVendor)

Is the XML parser compatible with the XML interfaces used in Delphi? According to the documentation(*), it needs to support the IDOMImplementation interface.

*: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/en/Xml.Xmldom.RegisterDOMVendor
Posted: 05/03/2012 10:05:37
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, but our XML parser can't be registered this way. If you need this feature please add it to our wish-list: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 05/03/2012 17:23:21

Okay, I have added it to the wishlist.

I've seen that most of the methods used by the XML core library are pretty compatible with the standard definitions. Hope this is not a big change. Of course I'm willing to help because I want to avoid all the redundant nonsense (moving XML bytes back and forth) that I'm currently doing!
Posted: 05/03/2012 23:14:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Our parser / writer implements XML DOM standard, so no wonder that it has the same methods. However, it would be very tricky and error-prone to move from classes to interfaces in XML methods and properties.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/04/2012 09:43:27

I'd assume that one can create a derived class that supports the interface. I'll have a look at it tonight.

Thank you for opening this in the wishlist!
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 683 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!