EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Office and XAdES

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/26/2012 03:17:57
by ingbabic  (Standard support level)

Hello
My customer have noticed that MS Word documents signed with SBB component produces XML-DSig type of signature, while if signed with Office 2010 signature is of a type XAdES-EPES.
Generally legislative norm for OpenXML documents is to use XAdES signatures.
In the help, nor in the site I didn't found any information about TElOfficeOpenXMLSignatureHandler and how to use SignatureInfoV1 and it's property SignatureType. Can somehow I use this to change type of the signature to XAdES?
Also is it possible to timestamp Office documents? If it is could you explain me how, if not when it will be available?
All in all, I need to sign office documents with XAdES and to timestamp it.
Posted: 04/26/2012 05:02:49
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

My customer have noticed that MS Word documents signed with SBB component produces XML-DSig type of signature, while if signed with Office 2010 signature is of a type XAdES-EPES

What signature will be created by MS Office 2010 depends on the registry settings:

It looks like that MS changed default settings for signatures in Office 2010, it was only XML-DSig signature by default.
TElOfficeOpenXMLSignatureHandler and how to use SignatureInfoV1 and it's property SignatureType. Can somehow I use this to change type of the signature to XAdES?
Also is it possible to timestamp Office documents?

XAdES and timestamps (XAdES-T form) is not supported at the moment.
We have plans to add XAdES support for Office components as well in SecureBlackbox 10. ETA: at the end of May.

As for SignatureType property of the SignatureInfoV1 structure, MS defines two signature types:
SB_OFFICE_SIGNATURE_TYPE_NO_PRINT = 1; // Specifies that the digital signature MUST NOT be printed (by default)
SB_OFFICE_SIGNATURE_TYPE_PRINT = 2; // Specifies that the digital signature MUST be printed
Posted: 04/26/2012 05:42:32
by ingbabic  (Standard support level)

Thank you for the info.

I look forward for XAdES + Timestamp implementation for Office.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1393 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!