EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

(error code is 103429)

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 04/18/2012 19:48:02
by Kevin Whalley (Basic support level)

When calling TElPGPWriter.EncryptFile I am catching an exception

SBCustomFSAdapter.EElVFSAdapterError: File system operation failed with error (error code is 103429)

The encrypter initialization and method execution is

encrypter.EncryptionType = TSBPGPEncryptionType.etPublicKey;
encrypter.Armor = true;
encrypter.ArmorHeaders.Clear();
encrypter.ArmorHeaders.Add("Version: EldoS OpenPGPBlackbox");
encrypter.ArmorBoundary = "PGP MESSAGE";
encrypter.EncryptingKeys = keyring;

encrypter.EncryptFile(pathOfFileToEncrypt, pathOfEncryptedFile);

Can I please have more information about this error so I can resolve it.
Posted: 04/19/2012 01:17:02
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I suppose that you are trying to use Mono assemblies of SecureBlackbox on Windows.

Mono assemblies were not intended to be used on Windows and they are missing some Windows-specific functionality such as Windows Certificate Storage, PKCS#11 and NTLM authentication support.

Now back to your question. As Mono assemblies primarily target Unix-based systems, the assembly thinks that path separator is slash ("/"), and not backslash. This is why you get this error. The error will happen on any call to *File() or *Files() method.

There are two immediate solutions for the problem:
a) use .NET assemblies on Windows
b) don't use *File*() methods - they are supplementary to main methods such as Encrypt() in your case.

In the next build (which would be beta 2 of SecureBlackbox 10) we will add detection of the platform in order to determine correct path separator.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3297 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!