EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Reusing Local Port forwarding tunnel

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/12/2012 23:13:59
by Paul Power (Standard support level)

Hi guys,

I am using class TElSSHLocalPortForwarding for local port forwarding which is working great - I use separate tunnels to tunnel through to my destination hosts/ports. What I want to do is once the port forwarding is open, be able to send off OS commands using sendtext() or senddata() and receive command output back via the same connection used to connect to the intermediate host which in my case is a database host running on Linux - I want to avoid connecting to the intermediate host twice if possible. Can this be done? I am able to do this in PuTTY.

Many thanks,

Paul
Posted: 04/13/2012 06:13:27
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

I am afraid that this functionality is not available at the moment. Simple forwarding components were originally designed to perform solely tunneling tasks, without an option of opening SSH channels of different types (such as command or shell).

Yet, as we actually plan to add support for execution of SSH-layer commands to simple SFTP components in version 10, it probably makes sense to add the same feature to simple forwarding components. We will review the code to estimate the complexity of adding this feature to the forwarding components, and will get back to you with an answer a bit later today.
Posted: 04/13/2012 06:38:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Also, iff you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/13/2012 21:16:32
by Paul Power (Standard support level)

No worries - the license ticket is now linked to my account.
Posted: 04/23/2012 07:33:18
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please accept my apologies for replying so lately. We have reviewed the code, and I am afraid the task of implementing the discussed feature is too complicated to fit in our current schedule (which is quite tight, to say the truth). We are really sorry about that.

You might wish to submit a request for this feature to the SecureBlackbox wish list; this may speed up the development of this functionality should there be high demand for it.

Besides, while not being able to add support for the feature within a regular SecureBlackbox development process, we still can implement it for you in the form of custom development service (on a paid basis). We can discuss the requirements and the cost in the Helpdesk if you are interested.
Posted: 03/21/2014 19:44:03
by Mohamed Koker (Priority Standard support level)

Has there been any update on this?

I need the same functionality.
Posted: 03/22/2014 03:09:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, this functionality was never implemented due to low demand and relatively high amount of work needed. It can be implemented as a custom work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2553 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!