EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Help me

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/04/2006 20:11:51
by Le Huyen Trang (Basic support level)

Please help me: First, I generated self-sign certificate and used it to create a other certificate(Certificate A). Then, I used this new certificate( Certificate A) to create a certificate ©, have some problem:
+Certificate information: "This certificate is not valid because one of the certification authorities in the certification path does not appear to be allowed to issue certificates or this certificate cannot be used as an end-entity certificate"
+Certificate status: "This certification authority does not appear to be allowed to issue certificates or cannot be used as an end-entity certificate.".
Thank for your time.
Posted: 05/04/2006 23:47:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) Please use more meaningful Subject fields, rather than "help me" or "need help urgent"
2) you didn't specify proper key usage for the certificate(s) being generated. Since your quotes don't say anything about what exactly certificate (CA or end-user) did you get these messages for, I can't say exactly what you need.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 4654 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!