EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Need a digital signature sample for ooxml

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/06/2012 02:01:02
by temporary_login (Basic support level)

Hello,

I have tried to sign a MS Word document with your java library. One of the problems is that when i tried opening my document with TElOfficeOpenXMLDocument.Open(TElStream) it threw an exception " SecureBlackbox.XML.EElXMLEncodingError: Invalid char", while calling the TElOfficeOpenXMLPackage.Open(TElStream) worked just fine. Well TElOfficeOpenXMLPackage is enough for us, since we don't need to edit the document (our goal is to sign MS documents), but when i added the TElOfficeOpenXMLCustomSignatureHandler to the package and setted custom provider (extended from your provider class and overriden methods) to TElCustomCryptoProviderManager, after calling package.Close() the code never entered my custom provider. So long story short:
1.Could you make us an example that would sign an ooxml document?
2.Is there a PKCS11 support in your library?
3.If there is no PCS11 support, is it possible to implement our own? Since we know how to sign the digests, just need a way to get them.

Thanks in advance
Posted: 04/06/2012 02:19:38
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report. The issue will be checked by our developers.

To answer your questions:
1) more samples (including those for OfficeBlackbox) are expected in near future - they are being worked on now. We have OfficeBlackbox samples in VCL and .NET editions of SecureBlackbox now.
2) this is planned for SBB 10. The problem with PKCS#11 is that it needs a huge JNI or JNA module, and this is not fast. If you need only limited subset of functionality (signing the data with certificate), then creating a cryptoprovider is the right way.
3) yes, you can implement custom cryptoprovider easily - PKCS#11 is a cryptoprovider in all other editions of SecureBlackbox.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/06/2012 02:30:33
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SecureBlackbox.XML.EElXMLEncodingError: Invalid char

Could you please attach the document here or using Helpdesk so we'll be able to find out the reason of error.

setted custom provider (extended from your provider class and overriden methods) to TElCustomCryptoProviderManager, after calling package.Close() the code never entered my custom provider.

Could you also post here your provider code and code that you use to add it to TElCustomCryptoProviderManager.
Posted: 06/18/2012 07:49:30
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

2.Is there a PKCS11 support in your library?

JFYI: PKCS#11 support (via JNI) is already implemented and included into the latest 10.0.219 build: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/download-prerelease.php

Statistics

Topic viewed 1241 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!