EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

XML digital signature in Silverlight 4 and 5

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/16/2012 05:39:12
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

The only problem I have (or mayve my lack of knowlage on digital signing) is that after I sign an XML and after than change some value in a child node the Verify function still says: Signature and references validated successfully. Am I doing something wrong or this is not the way to check if the content wasn't modified?

It depends on what you have signed. It is possible that you are modifying data that you didn't sign. Are you referencing a whole document or a specific element or external data?
Could you please attach here or to helpdesk a signed xml document.
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:07:48
by Dragomir Gerov (Basic support level)

Hi,

I've experienced similar problem as Redman. I'm having Silverlight 5 application.

Code
TElWinCertStorage WinCertStorage = new TElWinCertStorage();
WinCertStorage.SystemStores.Text = "MY";

And i get the same error as him on the second line.
I'm referencing the files from SILVERLIGHT_50 folder.
Do you have any guesses?

Thanks.
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:12:24
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Do you have any guesses?

First of all check if the problem occurs with the latest SBB build.
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:30:10

Where can i get the latest SBB build? Because i don't see anywhere even in My Control Center a download section.
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:33:56
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Posted: 03/16/2012 07:43:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, Silverlight 5 assemblies the OP is using are a private build. I'll put them to quick updates in an hour.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:48:23

Great! Thanks

Because in the changes.txt is written:

SecureBlackbox - version 9.1.215 - Released February 20, 2012

Best Regards,
Dragomir Gerov
Posted: 03/16/2012 07:59:52

BTW, Dragomir, I assume you have a license (as you reference My Control Center), so please link the license ticket to your account so that we could recognize you as a licensed customer (this fact is shown to us by the site when you have the ticket linked).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/16/2012 08:14:45

A link to updated assemblies has been published on Release Downloads page (see the bottom of the page).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/16/2012 08:18:47
by Redman  (Basic support level)

I have another question. Silverlight 5 has an in-browser elevated permissions option. When I run it on localhost it works ok, but when deployed on another server it fails with:

Code
SCRIPT5022: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application Attempt by security transparent method 'SBUtils.__Global.AllocCoTaskMem(Int32)' to call native code through method 'SBUtils.__Global.CoTaskMemAlloc(Int32)' failed.  Methods must be security critical or security safe-critical to call native code.   at SBUtils.__Global.AllocCoTaskMem(Int32 Size)
   at SBUtils.__Global.StringToCoTaskMemUni(Stri ng s)
   at SBWinCertStorage.TElWinCertStorage.Open()
   at SBWinCertStorage.TElWinCertStorage.HandleStoresChange(Object Sender)
   at SBStringList.TElStringList.TriggerChange()
   at SBStringList.TElStringList.EndUpdate()
   at SBCertValidator.TElX509CertificateValidator.InitializeWinStorages()
   at SLCert5.MainPage..ctor()
   at SLCert5.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

I added that remote site to Trusted sites but still the same error. Is it possible to use this library (Windows Certificate Store) in-browser on a remote site?
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5768 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!