EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Response WebService

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/06/2012 13:22:52
by Darlan Martins (Basic support level)

I would like an example of how to treat a WebService returns when I trigger the Get method of the class SBHTTPSClient. I use the component SecureBlackbox. I'm still with the free version of the component, so do not have access to all sources of the component.

You can send me an example?

obs.: I am using the version of the VCL component, do tests on Delphi 7 operating system Windows 7.

Darlan Vieira Martins
Posted: 03/06/2012 13:53:15
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please refer to our sample that is located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.VCL\Samples\Delphi\HTTPBlackbox\Client\HTTPGet folder.
Posted: 03/07/2012 06:26:09

Hello,
thanks for the reply!

Before I write here I had already done tests with the design of cumin that you gave me, and that's exactly why I decided to write here in the FORUM.

The problem is as follows:
the connection is established normally. But I do not know how I get the response from WebSevice. Not found anywhere in the Demo project a method to solve my problem!

The scenario is:
I need to address the return of a WebService. But the address of that service is maintained with a secure connection (HTTPS).

Would you like a practical example.

Thank you,
Darlan Vieira Martins
Posted: 03/07/2012 06:35:52
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There must be certain miscommunication ... What do you mean by "return of a WebService"? If you need to *parse* the response, then you need some SOAP component which will create SOAP request for you and then will parse a response.

SecureBlackbox provides a transport (HTTP, including secure counterpart, HTTPS), but that's all. We don't offer SOAP request and response handling.

If you use some SOAP class which gives you the request and doesn't offer a transport, you can use TElHTTPSClient and then parse server's response. To do this you need to get the response to the stream (see OutputStream property of TElHTTPSClient), then parse the response.

If you have a parser for SOAP responses - ok. If you don't have such parser, then you need to handle the response by hand. If the response is an XML document, you can use our XML DOM classes (TElXMLDocument etc., see samples in \Samples\Delphi\XMLBlackbox folder) to parse the response. The classes implement standard XML DOM model, so they don't need a separate extensive sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/07/2012 12:08:40

Guys,
could evolve here in my tests. But now I need an example of how should I send the XML request.

I'm doing this:

POST (xURL, cXML), but the result is the error "Internal Server Error".
How should I proceed?

Thanks already,
Darlan Vieira Martins
Posted: 03/07/2012 12:16:54
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

"Internal Server Error" is a server error but not an error of our component. Its hard to say what is the reason because its an error message, given when no more specific message is suitable. If you have an application that works with your WebService correctly then you can sniff data exchange between this application and server to get examples of working requests.
Posted: 03/08/2012 06:42:19

The component HTTPSClient works with an untrusted certificate?

Darlan
Posted: 03/08/2012 06:54:10

Not sure that I understand you right. The component itself doesn't perform any certificate validation. You validate the certificate in OnCertificateValidate event. So it's up to you what certificates to trust. We offer TElX509CertificateValidator class which handles validation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2012 07:50:07

I need to know to the component wroks well is necessary the CERTIFICATE confible or not ?

Darlan
Posted: 03/08/2012 08:16:35

Once again - for the component itself it doesn't matter what certificate is present. But I don't understand your question, sorry. Try writing in portuguese, then translate with google translate.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 996 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!