EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Distributed Cryptography add-on

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 03/06/2012 12:44:32
by Greg Werner (Standard support level)

Hi i recently bought this package, i have it with SecureBlackBox, i want to know if you have any example of how to use it in .NET, im gonna compile source into an ocx using Rad Studio, any help?
Posted: 03/06/2012 13:03:44
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We have a sample located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\ASPNet_Distributed folder that demonstrates how to use DC to sign PDF files.
Posted: 03/06/2012 16:34:20

I've tried to compile it but i can't get it i use the commands, but i get this errors:
"%ERSDIR%\bin\dcc32.exe" -E%OUTDIR%\Win32 -U%OUTDIR% -U%SOURCEDIR% -U%ERSDIR%\li
b\Win32\release -N0%OUTDIR% -NO%OUTDIR% -NSSystem;WinAPI;System.Win;VCL %SOURCED
IR%\SBDCSigner.dpr
This version of the product does not support command line compiling.

You dont have the ocx already compiled?
Posted: 03/07/2012 01:18:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Greg Werner wrote:
You dont have the ocx already compiled?

Of course we do. They are installed in <SecureBlackbox>\Extras directory and in subdirectories of DC-related sample projects.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/07/2012 17:19:05

I have several questions about this, first i have run the Example on IE, it shows me a little form where i have to sel ect the certificate, now my questions are:
1. Where did that form came fr om? I know is a ActiveX, but how you create it? Do you have the example?
2. Is that form embebbed in the OCX ? How i can modify it?
Posted: 03/08/2012 01:28:33

The form is part of the source code of the module, namely SBDCSignerForm.pas and SBDCSignerForm.dfm . There you can modify the form and its behavior.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2012 10:13:37

Is there other way to do this instead of using Pascal? I can create a form in .Net and sign by client side with another dll that you offer and then embebbed it as an Active X?
Posted: 03/08/2012 11:13:27

Provided modules are fully usable, but they are as well samples, which means that you can build your own client-side modules using the source code of existing modules as a guide. I.e. you can create your own ActiveX control for example in C++ or Visual Basic.

I don't know how well .NET is suitable for creating ActiveX controls (I know it can be called from COM, but I can hardly imagine an in-browser ActiveX control with embedded .NET assembly), so I am afraid using some unmanaged compiler is the main option.

I would recommend that you look at Java applet. It's cross-platform and cross-browser, it can be developed using free tools and it supports everything ActiveX does.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2012 11:38:50

Thanks for the reply, now if i want to create client side application, i can use the SecureBlackBox DLL that you provide for .Net, and embebbed it in a .Net Form, then compile it as an ActiveX, if this is done then what is the difference between the add-on and the traditional DLL ?
Posted: 03/08/2012 12:01:17

I don't think it's possible to do what you describe. As I said, while .NET can be called from COM, you can't build an ActiveX in .NET. And I have serious doubts that you can pull the .NET form into the ActiveX control.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1170 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!