EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Distributed Cryptography add-on

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/06/2012 12:44:32
by Greg Werner (Standard support level)

Hi i recently bought this package, i have it with SecureBlackBox, i want to know if you have any example of how to use it in .NET, im gonna compile source into an ocx using Rad Studio, any help?
Posted: 03/06/2012 13:03:44
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

We have a sample located in \EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\C#\PDFBlackbox\ASPNet_Distributed folder that demonstrates how to use DC to sign PDF files.
Posted: 03/06/2012 16:34:20

I've tried to compile it but i can't get it i use the commands, but i get this errors:
"%ERSDIR%\bin\dcc32.exe" -E%OUTDIR%\Win32 -U%OUTDIR% -U%SOURCEDIR% -U%ERSDIR%\li
b\Win32\release -N0%OUTDIR% -NO%OUTDIR% -NSSystem;WinAPI;System.Win;VCL %SOURCED
IR%\SBDCSigner.dpr
This version of the product does not support command line compiling.

You dont have the ocx already compiled?
Posted: 03/07/2012 01:18:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Greg Werner wrote:
You dont have the ocx already compiled?

Of course we do. They are installed in <SecureBlackbox>\Extras directory and in subdirectories of DC-related sample projects.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/07/2012 17:19:05

I have several questions about this, first i have run the Example on IE, it shows me a little form where i have to sel ect the certificate, now my questions are:
1. Where did that form came fr om? I know is a ActiveX, but how you create it? Do you have the example?
2. Is that form embebbed in the OCX ? How i can modify it?
Posted: 03/08/2012 01:28:33

The form is part of the source code of the module, namely SBDCSignerForm.pas and SBDCSignerForm.dfm . There you can modify the form and its behavior.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2012 10:13:37

Is there other way to do this instead of using Pascal? I can create a form in .Net and sign by client side with another dll that you offer and then embebbed it as an Active X?
Posted: 03/08/2012 11:13:27

Provided modules are fully usable, but they are as well samples, which means that you can build your own client-side modules using the source code of existing modules as a guide. I.e. you can create your own ActiveX control for example in C++ or Visual Basic.

I don't know how well .NET is suitable for creating ActiveX controls (I know it can be called from COM, but I can hardly imagine an in-browser ActiveX control with embedded .NET assembly), so I am afraid using some unmanaged compiler is the main option.

I would recommend that you look at Java applet. It's cross-platform and cross-browser, it can be developed using free tools and it supports everything ActiveX does.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/08/2012 11:38:50

Thanks for the reply, now if i want to create client side application, i can use the SecureBlackBox DLL that you provide for .Net, and embebbed it in a .Net Form, then compile it as an ActiveX, if this is done then what is the difference between the add-on and the traditional DLL ?
Posted: 03/08/2012 12:01:17

I don't think it's possible to do what you describe. As I said, while .NET can be called from COM, you can't build an ActiveX in .NET. And I have serious doubts that you can pull the .NET form into the ActiveX control.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1166 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!