EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP MIME error with attachments

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/03/2012 19:59:47
by Daniel Medina (Standard support level)

I'm using the SecureMail sample project to test the PGP MIME encryption,

In there I encrypt a message with some attachments, some of them are hidden images used in the signature.
The resulting encrypted eml file is smaller than the original one.

When I try to decrypt the file using the same sample project I get the following error after i'm asked for the passphrase

Failed to assemble a message.
ElMime error code: 8

If I manually decrypt the encrypted.asc file included in the encrypted mail file and save it as a .eml file I can see the original message, and the attachment is shown but it is only a few bytes in size. The strange thing is that the hidden attachments (the images included in the signature) are displayed correctly.

Is this an error of my original mail file (I'm attaching it) or is the sample missing something or is there an error on your library?

Thanks for your help

PD: I couldn't upload the original .eml file
Posted: 03/04/2012 01:33:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please post the relevant code and data (the code used to assemble the message as well as the assembled message) to the HelpDesk, our developers will check it. So far, based on your description, it's hard to say what's going on there.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 557 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!