EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Office Binary Doc - Password to Modifiy

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 02/27/2012 08:25:35
by tim price (Basic support level)

The samples are excellent for OfficeBlackbox and show how to save an office binary doc (.ppt) with a OPEN password (you have to type the password in to open the doc).

However, Office also has the Password to MODIFY option where the doc is opened as readonly unless the user types in the password (and then it is editable). Do you have an example of this option?

Both password to OPEN and password to MODIFY are found natively in Office docs under...
Save As --> Tools --> General Options --> Password to Open/Modify

Thanks!
Posted: 02/27/2012 09:02:25
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Sorry, but we do not support "modify password" option. Only "open password" is supported. You can add this feature to our wish-list: https://www.eldos.com/sbb/wishlist.php
Posted: 02/27/2012 12:10:24
by tim price (Basic support level)

Thank you for your fast response. Obviously you have an excellent product and superior customer service, so I wish OfficeBlackbox included this feature. I have added it to the wishlist.

Are there any other services or products that you could suggest that I could purchase instead that may support this feature?

Thanks again!
Posted: 02/28/2012 01:04:06
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Are there any other services or products that you could suggest that I could purchase instead that may support this feature?

Sorry, but we are not aware of such products.

Statistics

Topic viewed 608 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!