EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH connection error (error code is 10060) with TElSimpleSSHClient

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 02/21/2012 14:06:34
by Andy Gardner (SUPPORT DISABLED)

I am attempting to connect from a Windows 7 x64 computer to a Ubuntu 11.10 x64 VM using TElSimpleSSHClient, but when I connect, I get the following error:

SBSimpleSSH.EElSimpleSSHClientError was caught
Message=SSH connection error (error code is 10060)
Source=SecureBlackbox.SSHClient
ErrorCode=10060
StackTrace:
at SBSimpleSSH.TElSimpleSSHClient.Open()

I am able to connect to this VM from the host computer using PuTTY with out any problems. I am using AuthenticationType.Password.

The first time I tried to connect, I got an error indicating that I needed to add a handler for the OnKeyValidate event. I added a simple handler that marks all attempts as valid for testing purposes. I no longer get that error, but that event doesn't seem to get fired anymore.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be? What should I look for?

Thank you,

Andy
Posted: 02/22/2012 02:38:54
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You should check if the same error occurs with our sample application. If it does then please refer to this article: https://www.eldos.com/security/articles/4796.php
Posted: 02/22/2012 08:10:02
by Andy Gardner (SUPPORT DISABLED)

I tried the SimpleSSHClient sample application and it worked correctly, so I tried my application and it was able to connect, though I'm not sure what is different today than yesterday, but if it happens again, I will refer that article.

Thank you for the help.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2785 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!