EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Exporting keys

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 11/29/2006 14:14:09
by Haris Zujo (Standard support level)

Is there a way to prevent exporting private key when signing xml document?

I have 2 problems with export.
1. Every time my software signs XML document the key is exported and it displays the windows dialog box that say's that the private key will be exported.
2. If I protect the certificate with password every time when I signs the document I need to enter password.

If I check "Private key is not exportable" when importing certificate into store this problems are not there, because then I got dialog that says that "private key will be used for signing" and I need to enter the password only 1 per session.

So I think that I need a way to always use windows crypto api even when the private key is exportable.

regards Haris
Posted: 11/29/2006 15:03:57
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Actually, the feature you described is already implemented (but not published yet). We plan to publish a new beta build in about a week. It does not export private keys when working with certificates stored in system certificate stores.

Topic viewed 1966 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!