EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Can i sign more a pdf in one pass?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 01/16/2012 10:26:40
by Stefano Monterisi (Standard support level)

as in topic title

tnx
Posted: 01/16/2012 10:31:28
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please clarify what do you mean.
Posted: 01/16/2012 10:58:03
by Stefano Monterisi (Standard support level)

yes.

When I sign a pdf file the System ask me to put a PIN code, after this it Signs it. This for every document.

Is there a way to input the PIN code only one time and to Sign all pdf files present into a folder?
Posted: 01/16/2012 11:03:48
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The general idea is to use the same certificate object throughout the process. Please load the certificate just once from Win32 or PKCS#11 system store and keep the storage object opened while the signing is being carried out. In most of the cases it will eliminate the issue for you. If it won't, the problem is in the underlying HSM driver, and this is not fixable technically on our side.
Posted: 01/16/2012 11:06:00
by Santiago CastaƱo (Standard support level)

I assume you're working with CryptoAPI certificates, if you're working with software certificates, set their security level to middle, if you're working with hardware certificates (smartcard, tokens) depends on the security the smartcard developers have implemented on their CSP (the cryptoprovider they put for Windows to see your certificate). I've found in my life with some paranoic CSP's :).

The solution with paranoic hardware tokens for me at least was to use them through PKCS#11 instead of CryptoAPI, so the user just has to enter the PIN the first login time. Note that some CSP's also ask for confirmation of each signature in PKCS#11 :(, you've got to try and test

Hope it helps
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 579 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!