EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SimpleSFTPclient Memory consumption?

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/22/2006 05:33:58
by Volker Schulze (Standard support level)

Hello,
I’m using SecureBlackBox Delphi VCL-edition 4.4.94 with license key and the ElSimpleSftpClient class. I experienced in a simple application for testing purposes a rising load of memory consumption after a couple of hours, which job is:
-to open a SFTP connection
-directory change with RequestAbsolutePath and OpenDirectory (close the handle of the OpenDirectory)
-transmit 1-2 files with UploadFile
-and close the connection
-repeating every 4 seconds (open-transmit-close will take about 1 second)

When using the ElSimpleSftpClient class, placed on the Delphi form, the memory consumption of the test application will rise within 3 hours approximately about 15 MB.

When creating the instance of the ElSimpleSftpClient class before and freeing it after every connection there is no change in memory consumption. Still the same code. Is there a way to free the memory when using the ElSimpleSftpClient object placed on the form? Couldn’t find a appropriate function for that. Or is it a bug?

Best
Volker
Posted: 11/22/2006 12:02:58
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Would you be so kind to specify, how exactly do you close the connection to server?

We also would like to recommend you to move to the 5th version -- it contains a lot of different improvements and fixes (besides, there will be no more updates for version 4).
Posted: 11/23/2006 01:51:05

This is how i'll close the connection to the server:

If ElSimpleSFTPClient1.Active then ElSimpleSFTPClient1.Close(false);

Guess you gave me the clue...shouldn't i check the "Active" property? Instead just go ahead and close the connection!

Got a question to the 5th version. I will change to 5, but it's still in beta status, could you be so kind and give an idea how "far" it's away from becoming a "Release Version"? (In the version numbering you'll continuing the last number, does this mean with 5 beta i'll have not to expect surprises because of huge recoding?)

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Posted: 11/23/2006 04:40:17

Installed Version 5.0.100. I'm missing the SecBBoxD7.bpg file to install the package for "registered version only" in Delphi 7 like the readme says.

Best
Volker
Posted: 11/23/2006 13:02:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

BPG is just a project group. Install all *D7.dpk packages instead.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/24/2006 05:05:23

I'm sorry, the setup found D7 and 2005 but did not create any *.dpk files in the packages folder either. Those of ics,indy,socket and nexus are there.

Besides: SBB 4.4.94 and closing without the active check din't fix the problem. But doesn't matter, changed to 5 anyway.
Posted: 11/24/2006 10:40:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you referring to precompiled version? In it the packages are compiled to BPL files, which must be added using Main Menu->Component->Install Packages->Add.

The real problem is that BPG files are not installed for some reason. We will check and fix this issue and then everything will be fine with installation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/27/2006 03:21:00

Yep, right now i'm refering to the precompiled version.

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4224 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!