EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

InitializeWinStorages + Unsupported algorithm in sample application

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 01/02/2012 18:19:25
by Mike Davidoff (Basic support level)

VERSION: SecureBlackbox for Delphi 7 (9.1.212)

SAMPLE APPLICATION: .\SecureBlackbox\Samples\Delphi\HTTPBlackbox\Client\HTTPGet\HTTPSTest.dpr

I downloaded the trial and opened the sample application provided (listed above). It loads fine,
however once I try to run it, the application crashes on the following line (under FormCreate)

CertificateValidator.InitializeWinStorages; //application crashes

Source File not Found: SBCryptoProvWin32.pas //i click, "Ignore" (as I don't have this file)

exception class EElWin32CryptoProviderError with message 'Unsupported algorithm (29701)'

^

I've loaded the sample application on several machines and I keep getting the same error.
Posted: 01/02/2012 23:22:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

The exception happens if certain certificate can't be loaded properly from Windows certificate storage as it contains the unsupported algorithm. Unfortunately there's no easy way to find out, which certificate causes a problem (we will update the code to include certificate's identifiers into exception text).

This exception is handled internally, however in IDE execution will break.

Please add EElWin32CryptoProviderError to the list of ignored exceptions in IDE (we will update our installer for the next build to do this automatically).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/30/2014 09:59:28
by Ali Sefidpour (Standard support level)

I am using version 9.1 and I still get the same exception error.

Any update?

Thanks,
Ali
Posted: 07/30/2014 10:06:23
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Any update?

Hello.

Please try the latest 12th version and check if the problem still exists.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1805 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!