EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SimpleSftpDemo fails with auth error

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 12/23/2011 23:16:52
by Gerhard Seyfarth (Basic support level)

Hi,
I'm using Delphi XE and your SimpleSftpDemo ("This sample illustrates use of TElSimpleSFTPClient with built-in sockets in Delphi. Password-based, keyboard-interactive and key-based authentication is supported."). The error messages I get:
Authentication type [4] failed
Error 114
Sftp connection failed with message [Connection lost (error code is 10058)]
Server software identified itself als: OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-5

I use password authentication. Host name and password are correct and work fine with WinSCP. The errors occurs every time I try to connect.
I've already searched your knowledge base, but didn't find an appropriate answer.
Posted: 12/24/2011 01:19:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

In your particular case only password-based authentication occurs, and the server probably requires keyboard-interactive. While they are visually similar, in fact these are very different mechanisms.

Did you change the sample? In the sample keyboard-interactive authentication is enabled, but from your log quote I see that it's not used.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1248 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!