EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

The type initializer for 'SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLCodec' threw an exceptio

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 12/23/2011 00:41:16
by ewan lu (Priority Standard support level)

The type initializer for 'SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLCodec' threw an exception.)

I encounted this exception on 64 bit Intel® xEON® windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

The exceptions strace :

The type initializer for 'SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLCodec' threw an exception.
at SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLCodec..ctor(Stream aStream)
at SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLUTF8Codec..ctor(Stream aStream)
at SBXMLCharsets.TElXMLUTF8Codec..ctor()
at SBXMLCore.TElXMLDOMDocument.LoadFromStream(Stream aStream, String DefaultEncoding, Boolean NormalizeNEL)
at SBXMLCore.TElXMLDOMDocument.LoadFromStream(Stream aStream)

The code is baiscally load a xml from stream.It was working fine on my local pc when i debug via vs 2010(dotnet 4.0 vista 32 bit system)

private TElXMLDOMDocument GetSignature()
        {// load signed file  as stream
            string signatureBase64 = GetPostedXMLBase64();
            TElXMLDOMDocument signature = new TElXMLDOMDocument();          
                Stream stream = new MemoryStream(Convert.FromBase64String(signatureBase64));
                stream.Position = 0;
                // Stream stream = new MemoryStream(ASCIIEncoding.Default.GetBytes(signatureBase64));              
                signature.LoadFromStream(stream);// there will be a  error

catch (Exception ex)
            {// catch the erro here and  save  into log file
                CNFD.Utility.Logger.Error(string.Format("Signature data loading failed. ({0})", ex.Message));

return signature;

it seems like it cannot find the Secureblackbox.charset.dll. i put it on bin folder, sitll not work. i was tring to install this dll to GAC. But it is still not a good solution. I installed the Secureblackbox for Dotnet on production server. it only happend when i depoy to the 64 bit system. Please help.
Posted: 12/23/2011 00:58:42
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox.Charsets.dll is not used since build 9.1.209. Please download and install the latest build (9.1.212 now) and check if the problem persists. Ensure that right assemblies are loaded (i.e. 9.1.212 and not one of the previous ones).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 707 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!