EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

RSA decryption using public Key

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 12/13/2011 18:49:18
by Warrick FitzGerald (Standard support level)

Hi,

I have a client that has encrypted his message via RSA, using his public certificate. Obviously everyone with the public certificate can decrypt the message, but this is a simple way to ensure that the message was from them.

Does secure black box support this? If so could you point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
Warrick
Posted: 12/13/2011 22:56:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Warrick FitzGerald wrote:
I have a client that has encrypted his message via RSA, using his public certificate. Obviously everyone with the public certificate can decrypt the message, but this is a simple way to ensure that the message was from them.

This is neither obvious, nor correct. One encrypts data for somebody using recipient's public key (contained in certificate). The recipient uses private key to decrypt data.

One can *sign* the data using private key, then everybody else can check validity of the signature using corresponding public key.

But in neither case you can perform both operations using only public key.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 627 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!