EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Questons regarding secureBB

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:00:25
by Krish A (Basic support level)

I am trying to integrate ElServerSSLSocket into my application. I have a couple of questions...

1) What is the interpretation of the flag in the CLose method?

2) We are calling Close with this flag as false to close any client connection. What will happen to the data that is already sent on the socket just before calling the close and which is still not actually sent out for the client?

3) Suppose we want to terminate the listening socket and also to close all the connections which are already accepted. How can we do that?
Posted: 11/19/2006 11:48:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

1) The flag specifies whether the SSL server skips the SSL goodbye message. It's not related to the socket itself.
2) Shutdown method is not called automatically by the El*SSLSocket. You need to call it yourself. I.e. just calling Close (whatever parameter is passed) doesn't flush the data. I've just added a call to Shutdown when you call Close(false), but this goes only to SBB 5.
3) By hand. Keep the list of sockets and close them one by one. Once the socket is accepted by the server socket, it's not related in any way with the "parent".

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/20/2006 11:34:26

I don't see SBB 5 available for download. Where can I get this version for test? I am strongly interested in purchasing this if it works with my application.
Posted: 11/20/2006 12:00:50

The beta version is available on the same page as the release.

However, there's no point in using it in your case - it adds nothing new. "I've added" means only "I've added", not "you can test it". The change will go only to the next build, which will be made available when it is ready (and don't ask me when exactly :).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/23/2006 16:17:29

I was able to integrate SecureBB for my server. However I have a problem. After about 12 hours of continuous running of server - my clients are unable to connect to server. let me know what might be the problem...

Find attachment for my server code.

[ Download ]
Posted: 11/24/2006 01:41:57

If you are a licensed user, please use HelpDesk for assistance and specify the license key (don't post the key to the forum). If you are not a licensed user, I must disappoint you - according to our support policy we don't work with users code of unlicensed users.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Topic viewed 2737 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!