EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TimeOut Issue

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 12/07/2011 09:59:14
by Tal Kelley (Standard support level)

I have been getting timeout errors lately in my nightly scheduled programs.
Is there a way to set the timeout period, and have the program re-attempt to establish a connection if one is not made.
Here is the code I am using (it works fine but will time out on occassion):

Code
if (pobjSFTP.strLicenseKey == "")
{
   SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey("XX MY KEY XX");
}
else
{
   SBUtils.Unit.SetLicenseKey(pobjSFTP.strLicenseKey);
}

Client = new TElSimpleSFTPClient();
Client.Address = pobjSFTP.strHostServer;
Client.Port = pobjSFTP.intHostServerPort;

Client.Username = pobjSFTP.strFTPUserName;
Client.Password = pobjSFTP.strFTPPassword;

Client.OnKeyValidate += new TSSHKeyValidateEvent(Client_OnKeyValidate);

try
{
   Client.Open();
   System.String strRemotePath = Client.RequestAbsolutePath(pobjSFTP.strRemoteDirectoryPath);
   Client.UploadFiles(pobjSFTP.strLocalDirectoryPath, pobjSFTP.strLocalFileNameMask, strRemotePath, pobjSFTP.enmFileTransferMode, pobjSFTP.blnCaseSensitive, pobjSFTP.enmCaseConversion, pobjSFTP.blnRecursive);
}

catch (Exception ex)
{
   throw new System.Exception("Unable to FTP file(s) - " + ex.Message.ToString());
}
Posted: 12/07/2011 10:23:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please describe the timeout problem in more details. Is this the exception you are getting? What exception class it is and what error message is contained in exception object?

The component doesn't support automatic reconnection for a number of reasons, so you would need to restart the operation yourself. Maybe we implement some recovery in SecureBlackbox 10 next year.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 936 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!