EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

DTLS Communications

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/29/2011 20:17:09
by Ken Ankele (Basic support level)

I have a system with a Windows Mobile device (SBB Client) and a Windows PC (SBB Server) talking to each other with DTLS. Everything is working great. I now have a requirement for an Android device to talk to the existing Windows PC (SBB Server). If I run OpenSSL (or any other DTLS client for that matter) on the android device should I expect it to be able to talk DTLS to the SBB server?
Posted: 11/30/2011 01:09:56
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Our DTLS server if implemented according to standards so it must be compatible with other implementations.
Posted: 11/30/2011 02:40:55
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

In fact, OpenSSL-based implementation of DTLS is heavily buggy, so we do not recommend using it. Yet, if you need to, please add the ssloOpenSSLDTLSWorkaround flag to the Options property of an SSL-capable SBB component you use to guarantee correct interoperation.
Posted: 11/30/2011 07:40:51
by Ken Ankele (Basic support level)

Since you do not believe OpenSSL is a good choice, do you have any recomendations? (As far as I can see, your company doesn't have any solutions for the Android platform) Thanks!
Posted: 11/30/2011 08:31:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox for Java and Android is in preview now. SSL part already works in that preview for Java. Android support will be added within a couple of weeks, supposedly.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 694 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!