EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

putting sftp server sample online ?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 11/25/2011 15:09:22
by stephane  (Basic support level)

Hello,

I have compiled your SSHsftpserverDemo sample and it works OK when accessed locally, but I am trying to put this server online (in order to access it from internet).

I have configured my internet box plus firewall (I have allowed the whole application in Windows7 firewall and I have done port 22/TCP forwarding to the local computer hosting the sftp server demo).

The server is "visible" from outside world because if I open a browser and type "http://<externalIP>:22" I receive this text in browser:
"SSH-2.0-SSHBlackbox(VCL)", and the sftp server logs an "Error 1" (which is OK since I made an invalid http request)

But I am unable to connect to the server with winscp (using same externalIP and port 22).
DO I need to forward other ports/protocols in the box (other than 22/TCP) ?

Thanks
Posted: 11/25/2011 15:39:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

stephane wrote:
But I am unable to connect to the server with winscp (using same externalIP and port 22). DO I need to forward other ports/protocols in the box (other than 22/TCP) ?

No, you don't need anything else, and you are having network configuration issue. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to guess here what's needed to setup network on your side.

What address did you bind the server to? If you used 127.0.0.1 explicitly, then remote access won't work.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/25/2011 16:56:36
by stephane  (Basic support level)

Thanks for your answer, I think I have found the issue: I was trying to access to the external IP from a computer in my LAN, and my box consider in this case that packets should not even go outside of the LAN (interception is used for the box HTTP administration, but all the ports are redirected).

I have asked a friend to test from outside world and it worked with winscp and psftp.

But now I have a side question: I am trying to use upnp to automatically create port forwarding in my box, I have tried microsoft OLE for NATUPNP and UPNP but none worked properly.
Do you know some good upnp library that works fine on windows and ideally that could be linked with a Delphi VCL executable ?
Posted: 11/26/2011 02:41:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

UPNP is too far from our area of expertise, unfortunately.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3165 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!