EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElClientSSLSocket via HTTP CONNECT proxy?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 11/12/2011 04:07:24
by Chang Liu (Basic support level)

I am trying to add SSL support to a project by replacing Socket with ElClientSSLSocket. However, ElClientSSLSocket does not seem to support HTTP proxies itself.

I tried a few other approaches which didn't work either:

- I already have code to set up the HTTP tunnel proxy. But it doesn't seem possible to set up HTTP tunnel on a Socket first, then let ElClientSSLSocket take over the Socket either.

- ElSimpleSSLClient has support for proxies, but its interface is not enough to replace the Socket I'm currently using.
Posted: 11/12/2011 08:00:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

And what your question is? If you need sophisticated SSL, use Socket class and TElSecureClient (which is a client side of SSL). Actually, ElClientSSLSocket does exactly this - combines Socket class with TElSecureClient.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/12/2011 08:23:25
by Chang Liu (Basic support level)

Where is TElSecureClient? I searched for it in the help file and found nothing useful.
Posted: 11/12/2011 10:14:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Classes in the help file don't include T* prefix for historical reasons, so you need to search for ElSecureClient instead.

Also you can search in samples, which you have in <SecureBlackbox>\Samples folder

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 681 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!