EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Asked for password twice.

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 10/31/2011 14:27:21
by Larry Roberts (Standard support level)

Even though I provide a user name and password I still get a popup box that will ask me for the password. How can I stop this?

I am attempting to automate some things and need it to read the password that it was given in the TextBox of the code.

Thanks!
Posted: 10/31/2011 15:10:44
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Apparently, 1) the server has keyboard-interactive authentication in force, and 2) you handle the OnAuthenticationKeyboard event (from where you are actually requesting a password from a user via a message box). Please try to remove the handler off the OnAuthenticationKeyboard event (but leave the SSH_AUTH_TYPE_KEYBOARD flag set). This will make the component handle keyboard-interactive requests automatically where possible.
Posted: 02/16/2012 12:34:15
by Daniel Schaer (Standard support level)

Hello;

I am fighting with same problem, and even if I try with Eldos's CertDemo program, when I try to export a certificate from the Windows Store to a PFX file, CertDemo asks me for a password, but then the system is asking me another two times more.

Any way to avoid that?

Thank you.
Posted: 02/16/2012 16:59:22
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

There is no way to avoid it, because you are being asked for two different passwords. The system asks you for the private key protection password (to be able to decrypt the private key and return it to you). CertDemo asks you for a PFX password (to be able to encrypt the private key back and save it as a PFX record).

Statistics

Topic viewed 883 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!