EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Certificate Chains

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/17/2011 03:56:36
by Fikretcan Erken (Basic support level)

Hi there,

I am adding validation data to my TElCMSSignature bu using AddCompleteValidationData() and AddCompleteValidationDataItem() functions. Now here's my question. I tried to add a different set of certificate values and references with AddCompleteValidationData(). Since this fuction takes a CertStorage as a parameter, I added all my certificates to a TElMemoryCertStorage. But then I get the following error: Certificate chain is not complete. If I add the root certificate of the ones that I added before, I do not get this error. But I don't want to add their root certificate to my signature. And apparently I can not use AddCompleteValidationDataItem() without using AddCompleteValidationData() first. So, how do I do it?
Posted: 10/17/2011 04:06:29
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

But then I get the following error: Certificate chain is not complete.

This is because you chain is incomplete without a root certificate. A chain begins with the certificate of the entity, and each certificate in the chain is signed by the entity identified by the next certificate in the chain. The chain terminates with a root CA certificate.
Posted: 10/17/2011 06:07:40

Thanks for the reply. But, again, how can I add the certificates I want to my signature without adding the root CA certificate?
Posted: 10/17/2011 06:21:05
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

You can call AddCompleteValidationDataItem with Cert parameter set to 'null' first and then call it with Cert parameter set to a certificate you want to add.
Posted: 10/17/2011 06:28:20

Thank you, it worked.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 725 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!