EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Charset in certificate storages

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/13/2011 09:08:10
by Vladimir Pachl (Standard support level)

I try VCL components PKIBlackBox with Delphi. Can You help me, how change charset to Win-1250 Central & Eastern Europen Characters? I have problems with bad characters when listing the certificates.
Thank for any advise. Vladimir.
Posted: 10/13/2011 09:14:14
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please describe how can we reproduce your problem. Can it be reproduced with one of our demos? Can you post here a sample certificate that causes the problem?
Posted: 10/13/2011 09:23:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What version of Delphi are you using? I.e. does it support unicode?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/13/2011 15:42:25
by Vladimir Pachl (Standard support level)

This problem is visible with your CertDemo application. Some certificates in "My" Certificate store have Czech characters in subject name. I am using Delphi 5 and Delphi 2010 version with Windows XP CZ. The problem is the same.

I attach Print Screen CertDemo.jpg with bad characters and Windows.jpg with the same certificates in system stores.

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/13/2011 16:05:17
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the explanation.

The reason for the Czech characters to be displayed incorrectly by the sample is the way the GetOIDValue() method gets and returns them (it simply casts the contents of the certificate fields' values to AnsiStrings; it is simple but not correct enough if the fields are supposed to contain non-ASCII characters). Please consider either accessing fields via SubjectName.* properties (e.g. Certificate.SubjectName.CommonName), or decoding encoded fields (SubjectRDN property) from UTF8 to Unicode strings yourself.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Topic viewed 871 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!