EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSSLClient Connect to non-ssl

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:07:28
by matt garrett (Basic support level)

My title is a bit misleading, what I would ideally like to be able to do, is use the same code base for connecting to both ssl and non-ssl sockets. When I try to connect to a non-ssl socket using the TElSimpleSSLClient class, I see the connection on my server side module, but then I get an error code 75777, ERROR_SSL_UNEXPECTED_MESSAGE... which makes sense if it's expecting an ssl certificate. Is there anyway to get around this? I tried playing with the .Versions property, but nothing I'm trying seems to get around this. I am fine having to change some flags around for non-ssl vs. ssl, but hoping I can avoid having to maintain two wrappers around an ssl-socket type class and a non-ssl socket type class. Thanks in advance!
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:17:00
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

You should use TElSimpleSSLClient.Enabled to enable/disable SSL. If you want a kind of "SSL detection" you can enable/disable SSL using this property and try to connect again depending of error code you receive on the first try.
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:18:59
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Just to add: there's no reliable way for the server to distinguish SSL from non-SSL connection. It's not just "waiting for certificate" - SSL is a complex packet-based protocol.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:20:47

Ah, I saw that, but thought it was more of a get property from the underlying stuff, guess I should have tried first. Anyways, that worked. Thanks for your quick reply.
Posted: 10/11/2011 11:22:16

Yeah, I'm fine making it confiurable and/or flipping the flag if I get an exception when I call the Open() method. Thanks again for your quick response!
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 789 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!