EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/05/2011 10:01:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Your code looks more or less correct (it lacks the TElPKCS11CertStorage.CloseSession() call, yet it is not critical for now), so my initial assumption is obviously wrong. But now I have another one. What action is a trigger for you to call your CloseStorage() method? The reason why I'm asking is that it is not legal to close the storage from the OnSlotEvent event handler; calling CloseStorage() from inside the OnSlotEvent handler may result in a hangup.
Posted: 10/05/2011 11:10:52
by ingbabic  (Standard support level)

No, as I said I am clossing (and opening)session inside my Sign method and for that I am using TElPKCS11SessionInfo methods(Logout and Dispose). I thought it is more or less same, if I do:
storage.CloseSession(0), or
Am I wrong?

I am not clossing storage from the OnSlotEvent, ofcourse. I call CloseStorage() method on FormClosing event.

Anyway the problem was me :). As I said I made bug where in one case I open storage twice, but close it only once.

Best regards
Posted: 10/05/2011 11:26:12
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I thought it is more or less same, if I do:
storage.CloseSession(0), or

No. By calling Logout() you're just signing out of the session, making it anonymous. The session itself remains active, and you can even make some types of requests to it.

Topic viewed 2032 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!