EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS Saving Empty File to Server

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 11/08/2006 18:31:43
by Pete Coulter (Basic support level)

I'm attempting to connect to a secure ftp server and upload a file. I'm attempting to use the sample application "SimpleFTPSDemo_VS2005". I am able to connect successfully, but when I attempt to upload a file, I get a server error 550. After this, I can login to my ftp server via cuteftp, and I see the file that I attempted to upload, but it is completely empty.

I'm using version of SecureBlackBox for .NET. I'm running Windows XP Pro along with VS 2005. The steps that I use to connect are using my host, username, password, and port 21. I check Use SSL/TLS, select AUTH TLS for auth command, and check off SSL2, SSL3, and TLS1. I'm then connected. The log shows that the certificate is OK and that I'm logged in. Then I type in a file name, and click Upload. I select a file, and then I get the error mentioned above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted: 11/09/2006 09:06:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Error 550 can mean virtually anything:

"550 Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)."

You can do several steps:

1) use beta version of SBB 5. It has several improvements in FTPS implementation. Among them is better handling of errors during data upload, and possibility to check the actual error text, reported by the server (this is done using LastReceivedReply property).

2) check that you can upload the file using other FTP client

3) if it's possible to get public access to the server, you can tell us the details using HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php ) -- we will connect to the server and analyze the problem ourselves.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2417 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!