EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Why retype password using SimpleSFTPDemo

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 11/08/2006 08:49:36
by Rainer Stuelp (Standard support level)

Hello everybody.

It's the first Time I am using the SecureBlackBox components and I have a question.

I want to use a SFTP-Transfer in my program. So I take a look at the demo projects. The only demo that work is the SimpleSFTPDemo. All other samples (with indy ect.) don't connect to my linux box. But that's not the point.
In SimpleSFTPDemo I push the connect button, enter the IP, username and the password and leave the private-key field empty. When I push the OK button the log-window shows me that the program is connecting to (my linux box) and that the Server key [XXXXXXXX...XXX] was received. But after that I have to enter the password again.

Is there a chance to connect without retyping the password ? My final program should run in the background without any interaction by the user. So I need an straight login.

Is there a property that must be changed ??

Posted: 11/08/2006 09:12:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Your server uses keyboard-interactive authentication. This type of authentication is supported only in SimpleSFTPDemo (that's why all other demos don't work).

When you fill the connection parameters, you specify the password for password-based authentication. These are two completely different things. During keyboard-authentication the server can ask you, how many moons are there in the sky, and this has nothing to do with the passwords. Moreover, the server can be configured to use both password-based and keyboard-interactive authentication types at the same time.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/09/2006 01:03:39
by Rainer Stuelp (Standard support level)

Thank you very much. Then I will change the server configuration.
I was just wondering because Filezilla can login without asking for the password again.

Topic viewed 2568 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!