EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Lock Document After Siging

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 09/14/2011 03:51:23
by Richard Holliday (Standard support level)

The Adobe products provide the facility to 'Lock Document After Signing' (see attachment), which appears to result in an Approval (Document) siganture with Commenting, Filling of form fields & Signing restrictions applied.

How can this be emulated via the SecureBlackbox API when using an X509 certificate to sign a PDF document?

The AllowedChanges property in the TElPDFSignature class only appears to be taken into account when using Certification (MDP) signatures. I need to apply these restrictions via a Document signature without using encryption.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

P.S. I've also tried the 'Usage rights', 'Object' & 'Unknown' signature types. These also do not apply any specified 'AllowedChanges'

Posted: 09/14/2011 08:56:08
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

This feature ('Lock Document After Signing') is quite new. And it is supported by Adobe 9 and X only, older version will ignore it.
SecureBlackbox doesn't support it at the moment. Possible, we could add it to the next version, I'm checking this.
Posted: 09/14/2011 09:19:34
by Richard Holliday (Standard support level)

OK,

Many thanks for the prompt response. I'll keep an eye on the release notes ;)

Statistics

Topic viewed 1929 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!