EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Compiling with C++

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/08/2011 15:26:09
by Epifanio Macedo (Basic support level)

Hi there,
I have trying to compile and run the CertInfo sample but with out success.
When it runs pops up a massage box :
"There was an error during SecureBlackbox library initialization. Please check up that the DLL is accessible."
It comes from SBPKIInitialize(), because the file pkibbox.dll cant be loaded. and in fact it does not exist in the package "secbboxax" (Activex\DLL).
The questios are:
1 - Is the file pkibbox.dll necessary.
2 - If yes, how can get it?
3 - I guess that is necessary to create a pkibbox.lib compiling the pkibbox project in (let's say) directory: C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.AX\Wrappers\VC\PKIBBox, is that correct?
Regards,
Macedo
Posted: 09/08/2011 18:18:56
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Apparently, the SBB_V8 conditional is not defined in your project. The name of the DLL to use depends on the version of SecureBlackbox being used (e.g. "BaseBBox8.dll" for SBB 8); the relevant DLL_NAME value is declared at the top of the PKIBBox.cpp file depending on the SecureBlackbox version constant. So please re-check that SBB_V8 is #define'd.

To answer your third question, no, compiling and using the lib files is not a requirement. I.e. you can include the *.h and *.cpp files shipped with SecureBlackbox directly to your project without building the lib's.
Posted: 09/09/2011 09:14:16
by Epifanio Macedo (Basic support level)

I'll check it out.
Thanks

Statistics

Topic viewed 683 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!