EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

control channel transfer error

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 09/03/2011 14:40:10
by Hans Heintz (Standard support level)

I am choosing to buy a package to do sftp from my delphi 2006 app. I got the Chilkat component working but it requires an activex installation which is not very subtle so I'm still looking around.
I downloaded the blackbox component but I cannot get the demo working using the same parameters (port,host,user,password) I use in chilkat. I have to say blackbox asks a lot of parameters for the connection which make it seem you can do a lot wrong but chilkat seems to know without asking how to set them.
I have tried numerous iterations of settings from the connection properties dialog, connection is achieved but on login it says " control channel transfer error". At least I changed every setting individually once.
Time for a TElReallySimpleFTPSClient ?
I just need to send some files.
Posted: 09/03/2011 23:15:00
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you looking for FTPS or SFTP? These are different protocols so if you've used wrong component, it won't connect.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/05/2011 02:33:59
by Hans Heintz (Standard support level)

Well, my bad obviously: Secure ftp <> ftp secure.
With the sftp demo I get authentication, connection and file list retrieval.
I just get a single line 'Authentication type [16] failed' inbetween.
Thanks for resolving my confusion.
Posted: 09/05/2011 03:59:35
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

OnAuthenticationFailed event reports that a user authentication attempt failed during negotiation (in your particular case it's the keyboard-interactive authentication attempt). This is not a fatal protocol error, as the component may try to use different authentication types and finally succeed with the connection.

Topic viewed 2633 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!