EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Signing PDF with .CER certificate

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 11/06/2006 08:27:56
by Chetan V (Basic support level)

Hi All,

I am implementing an application for digitally signing document PDF using CA issued certificate. The CA has issued us a DER encoded .CER certificate. When I tried to sign the document using the .CER certificate, i recieved an exception saying that "Signing certificate not found".

I presume that the .CER file would only contain the public key. We have not received the private key. In the scenario, that we receive the private key, how would we be able to implement the digital signature solution? Similarly, the ELDOS SecureBlackBox.NET code has 2 files

In the test Eldos application, how do i sign a PDF using the CERT.cer and cert.key?..I am used to the PFX format file and the application was successfully implemented for the PFX format. But I have hit a roadblock for the .CER format. Also, Is there any facility to obtain a PFX format cert using a .CER cert and its corresponding private key?

I am in dire need of help..

Thank you,
Posted: 11/06/2006 08:59:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

CER files really contain only public keys.

When you have a PFX file, you load it to TElX509Certificate. When you have CER + Key, you do the same - load them to TElX509Certificate.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 3960 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!