EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

No SFTP in Silverlight?

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 02/15/2012 14:06:50
by mbudiman (Basic support level)

Hi Innokentiy.

I've downloaded the updated assembly and verified that it does work on my app as well. Thanks for investigating this and also the fast turnaround.

Ciao.
Muljadi Budiman.
Posted: 02/15/2012 14:27:12
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Muljadi,

Perfect, thank you very much for checking!

The official fix will be included to SecureBlackbox update which is roughly scheduled for Monday.
Posted: 02/16/2012 17:24:35

Hi Innokentiy.

I apologize to bring this up again, but apparently the updated assembly will only work IF the Silverlight app already manages to get the clientaccesspolicy.xml.

In the sample code I put up (page 1), if you get the app to do the manual socket connection first, then doing SFTP will work fine. If you restart the app and get the app to execute the SFTP path first, it'll fail.

I was pulling my hair trying to figure out why SFTP was not working today, and it was because I took out my Socket code (which causes the failure). At least I have a workaround so this is not a blocking issue for me - I hope that you guys will figure out why SFTP doesn't work if no initial connection isn't performed.

Thanks.
Muljadi Budiman.
Posted: 02/16/2012 17:43:47

Hmm, I'm wondering why it does... The code inside TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open() is 99% similar to your "manual" socket code. Do you start getting the same Access Denied (10013) error after removing that piece?

We will try to reproduce the issue locally now.
Posted: 02/17/2012 10:34:26

Hi.

The sample code I put up on page 1 basically handles 2 buttons. The first button does the Socket code, the second button calls the SFTP code. If I run the app (in-browser), and click on the second button, it'll fail. If I click on the first button (success) and then click on the second button, it'll succeed.

I hope you can duplicate this on your testbed. In any case, this is not blocking for me since I have a workaround (call socket code first).

Thanks.
Muljadi Budiman.
Posted: 02/18/2012 09:02:45

Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the issue locally. SFTP connection is always established on a first run for us, even when running in a browser. We've also checked manually that the policy is always requested.

Could you please let us know some details about your environment? In particular, the following might help us localize the problem faster:

1) What exactly error are you getting when calling TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open()? Is it a Winsock 10060 error or some other one?

2) Does the error occur consistently (on every invocation of the Silverlight application, and only until the low-level socket call retrieves the policy)?

3) Are you assigning a domain name or an IP address to the Address property of the component?

4) (if possible) Does the Silverlight application actually request the policy when TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open() is called? This can be checked by viewing the web server log.

Thank you in advance.
Posted: 02/20/2012 07:05:47

Hello Muljadi,

We have published version 9.1.215 this morning. The update fixes HTTP-driven retrieval of access policy functionality. Yet, we introduced no fixes concerning this new "native socket connection first" issue to this update, as we've been unable to reproduce it locally. Nevertheless, we continue working on the issue, still the relevant fix (if any) will be only included to the subsequent update.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3201 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!