EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

need help changing the signature algorithm.

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/26/2011 03:46:31
by Fikretcan Erken (Basic support level)

hey there,

On the CMS manager window, my signature algorithm value is shown as 0x000 but I wish to use RSA digital signature with SHA1 digest as my signature algorithm. But TElCMSSignature.SignatureAlgorithm property is read only. So I cannot just assign Sig.SignatureAlgorithm = 3.

any ideas?
Posted: 08/26/2011 04:12:34
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

1) It is not possible to alter existing signatures. You have to create a brand new one from scratch if you need to change something in the signed data.

2) There is no consent what exactly to write to the SignatureAlgorithm field of the signature (the value of which is returned by the SignatureAlgorithm property) among application vendors. Some implementations assign it with a public key algorithm instead of a signature algorithms (e.g. use SB_CERT_ALGORITHM_ID_RSA_ENCRYPTION instead of SB_CERT_ALGORITHM_SHA1_RSA_ENCRYPTION as in your case). Please use the TElCMSSignature.DigestAlgorithm property to obtain the actual digest algorithm being used.
Posted: 08/26/2011 05:11:25
by Fikretcan Erken (Basic support level)

Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful.

Statistics

Topic viewed 537 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!