EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Using ReadDirectory() under VBScript

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 11/01/2006 11:22:56
by Keith Trangmar (Standard support level)

Does anyone have an example of implementation of ReadDirectory() under VB or VBScript? I posted a question last week about using Visual FoxPro but haven't had any replies, so I'm trying a different tack; I need to figure out how to check the contents of a remote folder so that I can pick up files that match certain criteria.

Many thanks

Keith Trangmar
Posted: 02/02/2007 10:01:29
by Thomas Ganss (Standard support level)

Hi Keith,

any luck ? We are following the same path...

regards

thomas
Posted: 02/02/2007 10:38:35
by Keith Trangmar (Standard support level)

Unfortunately not, sorry. I was desperate to get the process working, so ended up using a different technique altogether - the files on the server were all intended to be downloaded at some point anyway, so I've just got it pulling down the whole lot on each connection, then running through the list of files downloaded and having it delete them all from the remote server. It serves my purpose in a roundabout way, although I imagine this approach won't be of much use to you... Sorry.

Regards,

Keith
Posted: 02/02/2007 11:52:35
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We will implement ReadDirectoryAsText (exact format of parameters to be figured out) which will return the list of information (probably, either file names list or the list of formatted file info, depending on request parameter). This will happen in a week.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/03/2007 10:23:34
by Thomas Ganss (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene,

sounds wonderful.I reread some of vfp docs again and will send tommorrow some hints/links of the info vfp programmers are used to (vfp's adir() return array) into which I would restructure the "extended" plain text served by your new method if extended info is asked for. Also some more info about vfp's automation/COM abilities.

@Keith: we will return the code on the vfp side to Eldos for inclusion into the demo/support package - you don't have to code again, even if it is only a couple of lines.

regards

thomas
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3364 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!