EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to access secure site

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 08/09/2011 10:21:20
by Mark Williams (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am accessing a secure site using indy 10 and TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket component within Delphi 5 application.

The application has been running for about a year without issue. I have made no changes to the application. Suddenly it has stopped running and posts 404 problems. I cannot get it to work again no matter what I try

I have created a simple http form which posts to the website with the required field data and this works fine.

The url that is posted to is
https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/pkmslogin.form

The properties for the ssl handler are set as folows:

MaxLineAction = maException
Port = 0
DefaultPort = 0
Versions = [sbSSL2, sbSSL3, sbTLS1, sbTLS11, sbTLS12]
OnCertificateValidate = IOSSLHandlerCertificateValidate
Passthrough = True

The properties for the TIDHTTP object are:

IOHandler = IOSSLHandler
AllowCookies = True
HandleRedirects = True
ProxyParams.BasicAuthentication = False
ProxyParams.ProxyPort = 0
Request.ContentLength = -1
Request.Accept = 'text/html, */*'
Request.BasicAuthentication = False
Request.UserAgent = 'Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; Indy Library)'
HTTPOptions = [hoForceEncodeParams]
CookieManager = IdCookieManager1

Does anyone have any idea why this may have stopped working? Any tests I can carry out?

Many thanks

Mark
Posted: 08/09/2011 10:35:46
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

If you visit this URL https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/pkmslogin.form with your browser you will see that it also reports that pkmslogin.form is not found. Something changed on the server. You should contact their administrator or support to solve the problem.
Posted: 08/10/2011 05:44:47

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response. You need to post form data as in the simple html form below.

<form action="https://www.landregistry.gov.uk/pkmslogin.form" method="post">
<input type="text" name="username" value="USERNAME"/><br/>
<input type="text" name="password" value="PASSWORD"/><br/>
<input type="text" name="login-form-type" value="pwd"/><br/>
<input type="submit"/>
</form>

The user details are false but submitting this will get you to the pkmslogin.form. I don't know why it reports 400 when you don't submit form data.

If using the simpl html form above you enter the correct username and password it reports 200 rather than 400 or 404.

Using the Delphi app it report 404 whether you submit the correct user details or not. As previously advised this has only just started happening without any changes having been made to the application.

I can't see why the simple html page should work, but not the delphi app.

I can send you my user details if you need them, but would have to do so by email for obvious reasons.

I cannot contact their administrator. They will not provide any info as they offer an API to access their services for which they think it is reasonable to charge £7000 per annum!

If you can spot anything here, it would really be appreciated.

Regards

Mark
Posted: 08/10/2011 05:58:46
by Vsevolod Ievgiienko (EldoS Corp.)

What version of SecureBlackbox are you using in your application? Do you use TElHTTPSClient with a default settings or not? You can confidentialy post you login credentials using Helpdesk: https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/index.php
Posted: 08/10/2011 12:22:33

Hi,

USing version 6.0.

Don't use TElHTTPSClient at all. I have always just used TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket which seems to have worked fine with Indy 10.

Will post the user details via link provided.

Once again thanks for your speedy response.
Posted: 08/10/2011 13:31:44
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Mark Williams wrote:
Don't use TElHTTPSClient at all. I have always just used TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket which seems to have worked fine with Indy 10.

I don't the question is to be asked here: we provide only SSL layer for Indy and it's Indy component that fails on HTTP layer. I.e. you might get better response from people who know Indy (we don't).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/10/2011 13:32:07

Also, if you have a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account before we continue. The ticket itself and the procedure of it's use are specified in the registration e-mail that was sent to you upon license purchase.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/11/2011 11:57:57

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your reply. I will take it up with the INDY team.

Re the licence I can't find my email from you. I do however have the invoices from Share IT for the purchase. I can send you the invoice number of order no. Would you be able to send me the licence ticket again?

Thanks

Mark
Posted: 08/11/2011 12:19:26

Please post share-it order number to your existing ticket, I will take care of the rest.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2637 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!